The James Master & franchisee Cairns Coaching Trip Adventure


I agreed to head to Far North Queensland .
The plan was simple!
Couple days coaching our master franchisee's Justin & Sonya Kelly.
Catch up with some of our franchisees.
Present at the Mareeba Chamber of Commerce Small business awards.
Then fly home.


Started all right.
Qantus flight out Friday morning on time ,no sign of the threaten "baggage handlers strike".
But very few people in the Qantas Club.Maybe they know some thing I didn't.
Friday we have a great day in Cairns meeting several new franchisee Justin is helping through the journey of becoming their own boss.
Friday evening, catch up with some of the Cairns team that are kicking real goals in their businesses.
Saturday Morning, up to Atherton Coffee Club to have breakfast with the team on the tablelands.
The guys will have a strong presents at the AGM.Great team up there.
Saturday afternoon,get ready to present at the Mareeba small business awards.
We get scrubbed up.
We are driving to Mareeba ,we then hear that Qantas has grounded all flights.
What the?
The awards night is fun,meet a heap of successful business people at take pride in their businesses.


The award winners cover a huge range of businesses from a Distillery ,Child Care Centre and the major winner was a dentist.
In is exciting to see that a well run business is still a good business.

Next day,Sunday, try and work out how I'm going to get home.
No Flights,except a milk run  flight  with Jetstar .Cairns,Townsvile,Mackay, Rocky then Brisbane.on Monday
Nearly 8 hours!!!
I procrastinated ,then my internet drops out as I was about to hit the book button.
Get back on line, No flights to Tuesday.
I decide to wait, because I reckon Qantas will be back in the air Monday.
So spend the morning working with Sonya on coaching their team of franchisee.
We then head to the Atherton car rally ,where Justin has had a promotion on that morning.
Lots of really cool cars ,but not a lot of people.

Head back to the Kelly's homestead,which is actually a Christmas Tree Farm.
Still trying to get flights
Justin comes up with the best idea ever.
LETS GO FISHING FOR BARRAMUNDI!
So within seconds we are in the boat and heading for the fish.
Justin was bragging about his last trip, he caught a 130cm Barra.
That is a BIG fish.
So,we gave it our best shot to beat his record catch.


We did catch fish.
No Barramundi, But we did get 3 large cat fish.

PS
I won 2 fish to Justin's 1

Next morning, things start to look up.(It was a tough day.)
Qantas is back in the air. I know I was clever holding out.
We head to Cairns.
Catch up with a potential pet groomer on the way to the airport.
Then line up to get on a plane.
Just because the planes are flying ,doesn't mean I'm going to get a seat.
I'm informed that the best result I'll get a flight by Thursday.
Thursday?
I can't spend the week in FNQ.
Other commitments back home.
So I decide to grab a hire car and fly Avis.
Now, Avis are much more reliable than Qantas and have heaps of cars leaving the airport.
My darling wife,as always looking for a marketing opportunity suggested I use this.

So on the road again,heading South,it's only about 1600 km.
First stop Mackay for the night,then up early on the road.
Then 12 hour drive home.
I still beat the proposed Qantas flight by 2 days.
Next week we head to South Australia and I'm already booked on Qantas.
Lets see what happens should be another adventure.
I'll keep you in the loop.
cheers
Robert James
James Home Services








http://jameshomeservices.org/2011/11/02/james-home-services-master-franchise-opportunities-in-south-australia/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking it to the Streets "THE LEADER BOARD"

Taking it to the Street!

What a Great Coaching Question! #The Negative Thing