What a Great Coaching Question! # 2 How do I build the business that I want?

# 2 How do I build the business that I want?
 What another great question from the coaching roadshow.
As most business people rarely stop and think of what their final business will look like.

The decision on your final destination has to be the first step.
I have seen people that appear to be  reasonably intelligent.
Trained experienced professionals with Uni degrees, even!
They put months into putting their business plans together.
Do their homework throughly ,talk to all the professional "advisers'.
Ring experienced franchisees,get their tips.
Invest their money,
 then they start their business.
THEN, THEY DO NOTHING THAT ACTUALLY GROWS THEIR BUSINESS!
With some self delusion that businesses just grow out of thin air.as if it is just going to appear like a Rabbit out of a magicians hat.

The final destination was to be clear.Our why we all get up in the morning and go to work is the driver to work forward every day.
It is as vital as the plan to build a house.No plan ,No direction,No outcome.

The next step "All stake holders have to buy into the plan"
I have seen countless businesses fail because the spouse refuses to buy into the plan.
I have seen spouses definitely take action to destroy businesses. I've seen partners ,who had agreed to be part of the business, refuse to complete training.
Then use emotional blackmail to force the new business owner to go back to their old job.
On the other hand, I have seen partners that support and encourage each other to achieve unreal goals and build great businesses.

Then Step 3 is simple!
Every single day work towards your outcome!
Sounds too easy?
If you know where you want to go and are determined to get there it will be clear what action you need to take.
If you know: 
how much you want to make.
how many hours you want to make it in.
how many clients you need.
how many staff you need
what standard of service you want to set!
how much marketing you need to do!
Your decisions do become easy to make!
Even the tough ones like letting clients or staff members that don't fit into your business plan go else where.


How do I build the business that I want?
Decide on your final destination!
Buy into your plan!
Do the actions that make your plan a reality!

Don't you just love a great question?I know I do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking it to the Streets "THE LEADER BOARD"

Taking it to the Street!

What a Great Coaching Question! #The Negative Thing