What a Great Coaching Question! #The Negative Thing


The Negative Thing 
One of the guys asked an interesting question about my early days.
How did I handle the “Negative Thing”?
When I asked what did he mean by that?
He expanded.
You know?
When you’ve had a bad day and you don’t get the results, you can get disheartened.
And then there are other people who seem to want you to fail.  Sometimes its other franchisees, or just people you know, or even family.
They seem excited when they think you might fail.
”Told you so!”  Sort of thing!
I asked him first - What did he do?
He said “When I get negative, I then do nothing.  I just worry about it.”
He said, “I know it doesn’t work”.
This is the network about 1994, I think.Don't we look dapper?

What did I do!
And still do for that matter.
Firstly,
I always do something!
I really don’t just sit around and worry.
Playing a  positive game always beats the negative players.
If you keep going forward, working on the solutions, you will always win!
Every time Guaranteed!  Remember the race is long!
As always,We were working on the solutions.

 I suppose I have always been very careful who I listen to.
I am blessed to have parents that always told me to have a go.
 I only take on the opinions of the people who truly have my best interests at heart.
I never listened to those that seem to be worried I might make them look bad.
We all have to fight the evil little trolls of the world that try to destroy others to make themselves feel better about their sad little lives.
The more anyone told me. ”You can’t do that”  the more determined I became.
You must never let the bad guys win!

I also had a realistic handle on my skills .  I knew I was a terrible salesperson.
So, when I did my first business knocks and got 1 job out of 500, I knew it was me!
I knew I had to “Do It Better”.  I had to learn the skill.
I really didn’t take “it” personally.
I have always been a reader, so I went to the library and read like I had done since I was a 10 years-old.
You know there’re shelves of books on business & sales in every library, amazing ay?
I did learn very early all you have to do is improve ½ % every week and you can get anywhere in 5 years.
Just Keep learning!

How did I handle the “Negative Thing”?
Positive action always defeats a negative thought!

What a great question!
Cheers Robert

Hang around successful people.AGM 2010

Comments

  1. This is a good one for me. Feels almost like it was aimed at me (I know it wasn't but it was like it was a must for me to see.)
    Thanks
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kimmy, your comment got me to read this again and a light went on. My eldest brother said eh was only thinking of me when he advised about a franchise business I'm looking at. I think he's scared I could be more successful than he is. Families.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Handling the negatives is vital for all business people.Some time the more successful you became the more others don't like it.
    Keep on thinking long term.
    The race is long and in the end it is only with yourself.
    Robert James
    James home Services

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking it to the Streets "THE LEADER BOARD"

Taking it to the Street!